Monday, April 16, 2007

Sad News


I've also been avoiding this post because there is just too much information to share and, well, it is just too sad. Last Monday, April 9th, our sweet pooch Oso died. He appeared to be fine on Sunday but wasn't on Monday. We took him to the emergency vet, where he had his surgery performed 1 1/2 years ago, and they found he had a 12 cm tumor on his liver and it was bleeding. Before we could even decide the next step, he died. I guess that if I had to pick how he would pass, this was the best way...it was quick, presumably pain-free and we were right by his side. I am so thankful that I was right there with him and was able to try to comfort him during his last moments.


We brought him home and buried him in a shady spot underneath an orange tree in our backyard. It was terribly sad and things are still pretty somber around here. The house is much too quiet without him. And, I miss him being underfoot and trying to snatch a bit of my dinner. Our lives will never be the same.


2 Comments:

Blogger JenC said...

i'm so sorry to hear about sweet oso. i know he was a big part of both of your lives. i will keep you guys in my thoughts, because i know how special he was to you and casey.

6:54 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I am so sorry Erica!
Please give my regards to Casey, too.
Oso was a good, loyal dog. And I loved him, too.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home