Monday, February 20, 2006

Limousines for my feet (as my dad would say).



Here is a picture of my new running shoes. Yes, you heard me correctly...I am taking up running. Well, I am going to slowly transition from walking to running.

The last few years I've felt dissatisfied with the way my body has changed and I know it is only going to get worse as I get older. I hate feeling lumpy and I hate when my pants get tight!

Plus, I am feeling motivated because Claudine asked me to travel to Italy with her in September. She graduates in August and wants to take a celebratory trip and who am I to say no to Italy? I hope this trip is just the motivation I need to get in shape and get ready to wear a bikini in public!

For those of you from Phoenix, I bought my running shoes at The Runner's Den on 16th and Missouri. That place is amazing. The salesman made me walk for him to determine my type of arch, whether my foot rolls, etc. Then, when I had the shoes on, he made me go outside and run for him so he could see how the shoe fit my foot. These people don't mess around.

The shoe he originally recommended for me had a pink sole and pink interior and (not to sound like a girl!) I asked him if it came in any other colors. He laughed and said that he gets that question from women all the time and unfortunately that shoe came only in pink. Fortunately, he brought out this shoe. It isn't pink and it felt even better than the original. Woohoo! I am a happy camper. I think I'll break them in tomorrow morning. Wish me luck...I think I'll need it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Good for you! I have been walking twice a week w/ co-workers and working out on my own 3-4 times a week.
I wanna be in shape for Europe this summer. We will be doing a lot of walking.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

Good...you can keep on top of me! I really want to stick with this and hope Italy is enough motivation. I think it will be. I ran/walked today and am sore tonight since I haven't run in forever. I walked/ran on the bridle path on Central between Bethany Home and Northern. It is really nice - lots of people, nice scenery and soft on the knees and feet. The path is 2 miles end to end and I walk there and back so I'm feeling pretty good. I think Leah is going to come with me one day this week. We can all keep each other motivated.

9:03 PM  
Blogger JenC said...

ooh! i think i will go to that runner's den when i have the chance. my brother's friend works at a similar place in tucson and that's where i got my last pair of good running shoes (about 7 years ago!). they're pretty worn down by now, so i'd love to get some new "limo"s.

and good for you on the running! it's hard, but it feels so good once you've gotten into a routine...

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home