Thursday, February 16, 2006

Stamps!!!

I am one of those old fashioned people who like to send and receive snail mail. I also like to adorn my mail with pretty stamps. Recently I bought the Muppet stamps and very carefully selected who received which stamp. I think I save Fozzy bear until the end; he's one of my favorites.

Today I went to the post office to buy more stamps and I found out that the "Favorite Children's Book Animals" stamps had come out and I was so excited (I'd been waiting for a while for them).

Featured characters include:

  • The Very Hungry Caterpillar ("The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle, 1969 and 1987)

  • Maisy ("Maisy's ABC" by Lucy Cousins, 1994 in the U.K. and 1995 in the U.S.)

  • Wild Thing ("Where the Wild Things Are" by Maurice Sendak,1963)

  • Curious George ("Curious George Flies A Kite" by Margret and H.A. Rey, 1958)

  • Wilbur ("Charlotte's Web" by E.B. White, 1952)Frederick ("Frederick" by Leo Lionni, 1967)

  • Olivia ("Olivia" by Ian Falconer, 2000)

  • Fox in Socks ("Fox in Socks" by Dr. Seuss, 1965)

I love the Olivia and Fox in Socks stamp! And, of course, I thought of Ann when I saw the Curious George stamp. He's holding a small, white rabbit. Ann, who is the rabbit?

I tried to post a copy of the stamps here...

but I couldn't remember how to post pictures.

Visa and Cox will be so happy when they receive my next checks!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Yay! A new posting. When you are writing your post there are differet little thinks above that window. One looks like a little picture. Click on it and it gives you the option to post a pic from your computer or from the Internet. You can go back to edit posts and click on this entry and add the stamps.
After you sent me that e-mail I went and looked at them. Very cute!

5:09 PM  
Blogger kate said...

yeah!! erica actually posted something!! i have to go buy stamps!!

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home