Friday, September 16, 2005

Painful Things Women do to be "Beautiful."

My friend Ann recently posted a blog about a woman trying to wax her bikini line... herself...at home...while her kids slept...

It was hilarious and painful to read and made me think, "why do women have this obsession with removing all traces of body hair?" I'll admit that I am indeed one of those women who hates body hair. I have dark hair and have been shaving my legs every day for as long as I can remember. Thankfully Costco carries Skintimate by the caseload!

Last year, for the first time, I had my eyebrows professionally waxed and I loved it. It didn't hurt and my eyes looked so much better..bigger and better framed. Now I think I am on the road to becoming a waxing junkie. I want to get my bikini line waxed (eek!)...I don't know that it is something I'll necessarily do on a regular basis, but I want to try it at least once. My sister did it and said it was no big deal. However, my other sister got her legs waxed and said it hurt more than childbirth!

Comments from the peanut gallery would be much appreciate. Let me know about your personal waxing stories...and try not to scare me too much...thanks in advance...

2 Comments:

Blogger JenC said...

where do you get your eyebrows waxed? i'd like to try that, but don't know where to start. :-)

6:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

i haven't tried it yet--but will soon. a friend of mine gave me some advice. don't get waxed the week of your period. she said for some reason your skin is more sensitive. she also actually said that legs are more painful than bikini line. but i am still gonna try legs first.

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home