Thursday, July 21, 2005

Good Snacks, Bad Weather

Okay, I have been obscenely remiss in writing lately. I'm sorry to the three people who look at my blog on a regular basis. They news...

1. I love curves! I joined a few weeks ago and actually don't mind working out. Now, it is only for 30 minutes and it isn't a super strenuous sort of workout, but it is better than my usual sitting on the couch eating pita chip workout!

2. Andora Gallery is closing. As of August 31st the gallery doors are closing. I'll continue to work for Sue for a bit, but that won't last forever. However, I'm feeling okay because in the last 24 hours I've had two people tell me about two galleries jobs! Plus, I have a bit of cushion and can explore my options. It is sad, and I'll miss the gallery, but it is time to move on.

3. For those of you out there you have dogs who are frightened by the monsoons, save your $26 and don't buy a thunderstorm cd on line. I bought one and Oso slept through it the first time I played it! The second time he just sat there as if he didn't even here it. We turned it up as loud as we could and he just looked as us as if to say "okay...what's new...more loud music." However, when it monsooned Sunday night (and Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday) he certainly saw the lightening and heard the wind. Hmmm, how would one desensitize a dog to lightening?!?

4. Blueberries are in season and I am a happy camper. They are my favorite food and I can easily eat a pint at one sitting. I have some in the fridge right now and they are calling to me! "Violet you're turning violet!"

More soon...I promise...

4 Comments:

Blogger JenC said...

speaking of "violet, you're turning violet, violet"... have you seen the new charlie and the chocolate factory? i'm dying to see it and have been trying to get dave to go with me. i think he'd like it if he saw it, it's just the getting there that's the problem.

i'm surprised to hear about andora closing... but it sounds like that will open up some neat opportunities for you! good luck on the job hunt, and definitely keep us posted!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Thanks for the ramble.
I am surprised, too, that Andora is closing. But this definitely opens up opportunities for you.

5:42 PM  
Blogger JenC said...

does the crate help oso? i was telling dave about it, and he's all for getting a crate (or two) and leaving off the door... i think it might help our dogs cope :-)

10:10 AM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

jen-

Oso will only go in the crate if we throw a milkbone in it. And, then he'll just creep in and creep out. He is very, very leary of the crate.

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home