Thursday, February 23, 2006

My version of the great little black dress.



This Saturday night I am attending a fundraiser for the Ceramic Research Center at ASU. The auction is the last event of a weekend of art-related events - studio tours, home tours, lectures, etc. I am on the planning committee and have been invited to sit at the table of the Dean of the College of Fine Arts (I had to drop that in. Forgive me for name dropping!)

The reason I mention this is because there is the issue of clothing! Last year I wore a black suit embellished with great jewelry (loaned by Andora Gallery) and a wonderful scarf. This year's dress code is listed as "cocktail attire." What in the hell does that mean? I decided to play it safe and wear black pants and a funky, yet sopisticated and stylish, mushroom/earth colored silk blouse. But, my problem is I don't have a great evening bag. Well, that is I didn't until now!

Leah and I were at the mall on Monday and I saw the cutest Calvin Klein clutch but it was a metallic bronze color and I decided that the color was too trendy, and even thought I loved, loved, loved the streamlined shape, I didn't buy it.

Since then I did a bit of research online and found the greatest black leather bag with silver edging. It isn't as modern looking as the Calvin Klein bag, but I think it will serve me better. I think it will be great with dressy cocktail clothes and also with more casual outfits. I'm excited to have found it after so much online research (ebay, bcbg, calvin klein, overstock.com, nordstrom's, etc) and wanted to share it with you.

Oh, and the second best part is that my friend Michele gave me a Westcor gift card for my b-day so I only had to pay for 1/2 of it because Michele paid for the other 1/2. Thanks Michele!

Happy b-day to me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Right on!
I love finding great buys. I have told myself that I can't buy anymore clothes for a while--mostly because there is no more room in my little closet. And because I don't want to buy anymore pants until I am at my goal weight.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home