Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Telly Savalis, Sinead O'Conner and Friends.

Anyone who knows me knows I am sort of crazy when it comes to hair. I have very wavy hair and choose to straighten it. Most people with straight hair think I'm crazy but I hate that my hair isn't quite curly and isn't quite straight, but somewhere in between.

I got my haircut on Saturday. The woman who cut it had cut it once before and last time I called the salon to tell her that she gave me one of the best haircuts, if not the best, I had ever had. Well, that was until this time. She cut it shorter than I really wanted, but she must have known it was going to be okay because I love it. It is slightly above my shoulders (a good 4 inches shorter than it was 3 months ago) and she cut it so it flips out at the ends. Well, if I could style it like her it would flip out! I just can't get the blow dryer/round brush thing to work. I've tried and tried and even asked stylists to slowly show me and I still can't get it. That means that I have to a) dry my hair with a blow dryer b) straighten it with a flat iron and c) curl the ends with a curling iron or rollers. That is too much work for even me! I should be able to curl up the ends with a flat iron but I could only get them to kink not curl so I found the neatest product at Sally Beauty Supply; it is a flat iron with a curl iron attached. Well, it is really a flat iron with a curling iron arm attached to the top of it so I can straighten and curl my hair with one tool! I am so excited. I needed a new iron because mine was not heating up properly (I think the cheap ones only last a few years) so I am thrilled to have found this one. And, for only $19.99! I just tested it out and it curled the ends of my hair perfectly. I'll have to see how the straightening iron works when I straighten my hair in the morning.

It is a good thing I found a solution to the serious problem. Otherwise I would have had to go back to my high school hair style! (see Title for a hint. He He).

P.S.
I just tried to spell check this and lost the entire post! Fortunatley, I was able to click the "recover post" button and get it back. I would not have been a happy camper if I lost this! Who cares about spelling anyway? Does it really matter that only 4 people read my post and all 4 used to work for newspapers (and 2 still do) and 2 were/are copy editors??? They won't care if I have spelling errors, will they? Or if they do they won't tell me because they love me! : )

10 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

You had a lot of spelling errors and I almost didn't want to tell you. Just kidding.
I do have to say I always think your hair looks good. That device you bought sounds pretty cool. I am in the process of growing my hair out. Good times. I have one more month before I will get a trim. I think I can hold out.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

I hope you are joking about the spelling errors. I find that I often have spelling errors in my emails and the words aren't necessarily words I don't know how to spell, but I type quickly and make lots of mistakes! I love spell check!

Thanks for the hair compliment. I had a bunch of people compliment my new haircut at a work function Saturday night and two people mention it tonight so it must look good! Just kidding!

How are you growing your hair? I think you haircut looks really good and suits your face, hair type, etc. As Casey always says to me (jokingly), "Your hair frames your face nicely." I think it is from some movie or something but I don't know what. It is just funny because he says it all the time and uses a funny voice.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I was totally kidding about the spelling errors. I have never used the spellcheck. I usually post my blog and then reread it and fix the spelling erros and repost.
Not sure yet how I am gonna grow my hair out. First goal: regular bob--which it is getting pretty close. My hair really hasn't adjusted to all this humidity and is still frizzy. Drives me nuts.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

I found a great product for frizz. It is made by a company called Texture and is called Texture Shine Spray. A word of caution though, do not spray it directly on your hair because it makes the hair look greasy. I spray 2-3 squirts on my hands and then gently smooth my hands over my hair. It works really well. I got it at Ulta.

12:40 PM  
Blogger JenC said...

i've just started using a curling iron (not on a daily basis, but when i want my hair to look "nice"). i think it's really difficult, but it ends up leaving my hair looking cute. maybe one day i'll master it — it's so much faster than rollers!

9:32 AM  
Blogger JenC said...

oh! and i tried to use a roller brush/hair dryer combo, but it was too complicated! the woman who did my hair last time even said "i don't think you'll be able to do this yourself."

i'm not sure if that was a reference to my hair being thick or her general lack of confidence in my hairstyling abilities. :)

9:33 AM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

I am still trying to master the curling iron. This morning I had a difficult time figuring out which way to curl the iron so my hair curled not kinked. I don't have good spatial abilities.

8:27 PM  
Blogger JenC said...

i have a particular problem using the curling iron in front of a mirror. i end up doing everything backwards!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

Yes! And, I burned my neck and forehead!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Claudine said...

Hey, I read your posts! Just not, er, regularly. I'm catching up though! Come on, I have to put my thesis aside and read about the important things like hair drunken Irishmen!

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home