Monday, March 27, 2006

Update

It has been a while since I've written so I thought I would give you an update on my life.

  • The St. Patrick's Day Party/Beverly's (Casey's mom) 70th birthday party weekend was a huge hit. About 30 people from all over the country flew in to attend her party and soak up the wonderful Arizona weather (most out-of-towners came from MT). Thursday night was dinner at Kate's house. Friday (St. Patrick's Day) was a spring training game, alcoholic beverages at Seamus McCaffrey's Irish Pub, corned beef and cabbage at Bev's house. Saturday was the actual party, 120 people at Bev's, eating amazing mexican food catered by Casey's friend Mike. Sunday morning was brunch at Bev's (leftover mexican food accompanied by eggs so it felt more like brunch). Monday night was dinner at Mary Jo's. A few people stayed until Wednesday so Bev had over a week of celebrating! It was a lot of fun and everyone seemed to have an excellent time. Once all the family members got past the, "Oh, so you're Erica. We've heard about you" I even had some fun!

  • For only an additional $9 a month we can get a Cox digital video recorder (aka Tivo) thru Cox. We've been toying with the idea for some time and, after assurances from several friends that we won't watch more t.v., we went for it. Casey hooked it up this afternoon and asked me to figure out how to record. It took me less than 5 minutes to find a dozen things to record! I called, from our family room, to Casey, in the office, "Oh, this is going to be dangerous..." I have already scheduled recordings of Top Chef, Garden State, Sex and the City and some Debra Messing movie I've been wanting to see. I wanted to record Everyday Italian but I was already recording two programs around 5 pm today! (I can only record 2 programs at a time...come on...don't the Cox people know that there are more than 2 good shows on at once???). Yeah, right Kate, we're not going to watch more t.v. ?!?!

  • I'm still doing my running/walking thing and today I hit a milestone...I actually enjoyed myself. I ran on Saturday so my legs were still a bit sore when I started this morning so I began with a "oh, this is going to be a long run" attitude but something clicked in my head and I kind of enjoyed it! My legs were still a bit tired, but I pushed myself harder and finished several minutes faster than I had done days past. This afternoon I clocked the trip (walk to bridle path, walk/run on bridle path and walk back from bridle path) and it is 4.5 miles round trip. I am so proud of myself! Not to toot my own horn or anything! : ) As most of you know, I normally hate to exercise so this is huge for me.

That's all for now. Next time remind me to tell you about the cute Irishman wearing a kilt at Seamus McCaffrey's. Oh, and when Casey's cousin's husband spilled his Guinness on my foot and licked off the excess. Drunken, Irish fun ya know.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Curt tells people they will watch more TV with TiVo. I disagree. I just watch more stuff that I want to instead of flipping thru and settling for a show.
You should be glad, with our TiVo we can only record one thing at a time.
But yes, it is so much easier to hit that record button with TiVo than setting the dang VCR.
Congrats on the working out. I have been keeping up with my walkign and working out. I am so proud of myself. I think the reason I have kept up is this time I am actually losing weight.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

Kate told me exactly what you said. I hope it is true. The last thing I need is to watch more t.v.

Congrats on your exercise committment. I hope I stick to it and it isn't a passing thing. Since I bought the running shoes I think I have to! (at least to get my $89 worth!). He He.

6:12 PM  
Blogger kate said...

dude! slander my heart felt advice on the internet why don't ya! :o) just because you tape something doesn't mean that you have to sit down and watch 10 hours worth. you just have more choices now when you do feel like watching so you don't get stuck watching crap or watching commercials. plus the novelity i swear will wear off a bit. the best part is watching a show and being able to rewind because you missed what they said or if you have to pee. the last time we went to the movies i really had to go and was so pissed (pardon the pun) that i couldn't pause it.

by the way it's about freakin time you updated your blog!!!!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Curt said...

Off topic: Thanks to both of you for the nice little e-card for my birthday!!

10:53 PM  
Blogger JenC said...

i agree with kate, too. i do think when we first had tivo, we watched more tv, but now that the novelty has worn off, we probably watch less tv. you just have the luxury of being more selective. (this is especially true if you factor in our old late-night work schedule, where the only tv on after work was paid commercials).

the pause, fastfoward and rewind buttons are the best. sometimes if i'm visiting family who don't have tivo, it's so frustrating when you can't skip past the commercials. maybe that's what they mean when they say it will change your life.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

Erica's comments:

1. Sorry Kate...didn't mean any harm! ;)

2. Curt, I love that you commented! Does that mean you actually read my blog? Next, Dave will be reading it too! Your picture didn't come through. Hope you had a good b-day.

3. Jen, skipping over the commercials sounds wonderful!

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home