Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Running Update

Sunday was 5K #2..."Raising the Bar for Education" at the zoo. I didn't raise the bar, or raise any money, (I did raise my legs while running!!) but it was great nonetheless! The run was the same distance as the one two weeks ago but the zoo is hilly so I was apprehensive. Twice last week I went to the Y and ran on the treadmill using the hill option so I thought I might be okay. Plus, one of those hilly days I ran 4 miles so I was trying to be optimistic.

Sunday was a gorgeous day. The race (yes, it was timed!) started at 7:30 and it was chilly but absolutely beautiful at the zoo. The hills were manageable and I finished at 36.20, 2.20 less then last time. I was pretty excited. And it was really exciting to hear the announced say, "And here is Erica Kern finishing at 36.20." 36.20 and hills! I was jazzed!

Next is a 4 mile run in December and then a (eek!) 10K in January.

I'll keep you posted.

2 Comments:

Blogger JenC said...

holy mackarel! i didnt know you were becoming such a running machine. :)

12:53 PM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

Definitely NOT a machine because I tried running on Tuesday and my poor tired legs could barely carry me. My knees are still hurting a bit from Sunday. I think that means I'm a "running on flat pavement" girl not a hill running girl.

Just got back from Costco and got the super jumbo bag of candy. Now I have to muster some will-power and not open it until Tues! That isn't going to happen. In fact, I think I need a Baby Ruth right now!!

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home