Monday, May 01, 2006

Talking Craziness!

I know it sounds crazy but I actually bought two, count 'em two, bathing suits today. I haven't bought a bathing suit in years and I seriously cannot remember the last time I bought one I liked (maybe never).

However, I just booked a ticket to FL to visit Claudine, who is visited her parents for the month of May, and I can't really go to FL, and lounge on the beach, without a bathing suit so I pulled myself together and went to Target. I LOVE Target. That is all I have to say (although that is an unnecessary point to make because everyone who reads this blog also loves Target). I had to try on about 20 or 30 bathing suit separates but by the end of my hour I found 2 bathing suits that I could live with. Or, more to the point, live in. I felt a little self conscious and lumpy but I just did a fashion show for Casey and he approved so I feel a bit less self conscious.

For those of you who need a cute, inexpensive suit definitely try Target. Although, if you already know your size and don't need to try anything on, I would highly recommend the website. I just looked at it and they have oodles and oodles of adorable suits. Unfortunately, I'm not comfortable buying a suit without trying it on first since I never know if I am a medium or large or if the seat is going to ride up or how my boobs are going to look. You know, the usual problems!

Oh, and here they are:


Suit #1 has really cute ruffles across the top and one ruffle running across the waistband on the bottom.




Suit #2 has flowers embroidered on the top and bottom. The bottom sits low on the hip and has pink ties on the hips. Oh, and the very best part...I decided to buy it and then realized it was on the clearance rack and each piece was only $3.50! Where, except Target, could I find an adorable, flattering bathing suit for $7?

6 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

I LOVE Target!
Probably won't be buying any bathing suits this year. Don't really have anywhere to wear one. :) Tho. we are probably gonna go to Hawaii in Feb. But I want to wait to buy a new, cute suit when I am at my goal weight and all toned and stuff. (If that ever happens.)

10:18 AM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

Of course it will happen! You are working so hard that you will definitely meet your goal weight and be super duper toned. So toned, in fact, that all of us will be jealous and not like you any longer. jk. ; )

8:32 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I am kinda at a plateau right now. And April wasn't as good as March in terms of working out a lot. 27 times in March, 18 in April. But so far May is going well. :)
Slowly but surely.
And I LOL at your jealous comment. Hee hee.

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such an inspiration! Even 18 times is a lot! I've been running at least 2x per week and trying to go 3x. I went this morning but it is starting to get hot (100 yesterday) so I need to get up early and that isn't easy for me. But, if I want to be toned like you (!) I'll have to make that sacrifice!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

That last comment was from me (Erica). For some reason it showed up as anonymous.

9:42 PM  
Blogger kate said...

for a second there i thought that maybe we had a random. have you gotten any comments from people you don't know? i have gotten a couple and it kind of wigs me out. i of course love target too and also would not buy a swimsuit online. actually most of the clothes/shoes i have bought online have been disasterous. i also hate it when swim suits squeeze me. never flattering. dude ann i am so glad you are workout girl! i have to come up with something to do for a work out scene. the ymca down the street is ghetto and the nearest corporate gym is a 25min drive which sucks and the gym sucks. don't really have a solution. i have been walking 2-3 times a week with a friend of mine but she is significantly shorter than i am so when if i walked the speed i need to in order to really work up a sweat, she would have to trot to keep up. so it goes.

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home